We, the staffers here at Baleheads.com, just want to take a moment to thank you all for joining the forum. Your participation has truly made Baleheads.com the best forum on the Internet! Our member base is constantly growing. So in an effort to keep the boards running smoothly, we would like to take this opportunity to go over our very simple forum rules.
* Be respectful of ALL members of the forum, including admins and mods. We encourage debate, but be mindful of others and their opinions. You may think you're right, but that does not mean that everyone else thinks you're right.
* Keep your comments in your posts to a PG-13 rating please, out of respect for ouryounger members of the board. If you have second thoughts of the wording of your post, it's probably best not to post it at all.
* Stay Active! Post Tons!
* DO NOT SPAM! There are plenty of ways to bolster your number of posts without spamming the boards. Anyone caught spamming the boards will have the thread deleted and at first warned. Continued spamming can result in expulsion from theforum.
* Pictures ~ if the image you wish to post on any thread is larger than 800 X 600, please post a link. Do Not direct link. Please use an image hosting site such as www.tinypic.com
, or www.photobucket.com
to generate links for uploaded pictures. Remember DIRECT LINKS ARE PROHIBITED! As for posting pictures, specifically candids of the Bales: We have a thread in the Multimedia section specifically for candids, called "Candids". Candid shots of Mr. Bale or Mr. Bale with his wife, Sibi, are permitted in this area. Any candids of Mr. Bale with his daughter will be removed immediately, so please do not post. You can pixelate her face or crop her from the picture altogether, in order to be acceptable to the forum.
* Please post in the correct area and thread. All posts that are found in the wrong section will be moved to the appropriate area by staff.
* Please do not use txt typing. It can be difficult to read and makes the forums appear to be messy. Thanks!
*When posting, please do not use asterisk (*) to get around the censor. Better to use a different word, than get around the censor.
So there you have it fellow baleheads. Simple, right? Remember, when posting, we want to keep the boards suitable for members of all ages so "when in doubt, leave it out". Changing around lettering in a word to get around the censor is really not a good idea.
Thank you all, once again, for making the forum such a great place to be. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM Dina or DuraMater with your concerns.
The Staffers @ Baleheads.com